The O’Donnell Foundation is pleased to sponsor the annual Excellence in AP Arts and Music Theory Award Scholarship to recognize four outstanding high school seniors who have participated or are currently participating in the O’Donnell Foundation’s AP Arts and Music Theory Incentive Program™ in the following high schools: Berkner, Booker T. Washington HSPVA, Coppell, Creekview, Lake Highlands, Lovejoy, McKinney Boyd, Newman Smith, Pearce, Plano East Senior, Plano Senior High, Plano West Senior High, and Richardson.
Each scholarship awarded will be in an amount up to $20,000 to be paid in four annual increments subject to renewal criteria.
The purpose of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to these exemplary seniors, to attend and graduate from the colleges of their choice in four years. It is also hoped that the scholarship will encourage other promising AP arts and music theory students to pursue excellence academically, personally and professionally.
1. The applicant must be a Texas resident and a U.S. citizen.
2. The applicant must be a full time high school senior enrolled in or received credit for, at least, one AP Arts and/or Music Theory course in the O’Donnell Foundation AP Fine Arts Incentive Program. These courses may include one or more of the following: AP Drawing Portfolio, AP 2D Design Portfolio, AP 3D Design Portfolio, AP Art History, or AP Music Theory.
3. The applicant must maintain or have maintained a 90 or higher average in, at least, one AP Arts and/or Music Theory course in the O’Donnell Foundation AP Fine Arts Incentive Program.
4. The applicant must have completed a minimum of four additional AP classes.
5. The applicant must have a GPA of 3.6 or above and a minimum SAT of 1900 or ACT of 25.
6. The applicant must not have already received a full scholarship to the school they plan to attend. Those applicants who have a full scholarship to the school they wish to attend are ineligible for this scholarship.
Applications must be submitted to the Donor Services Department of Communities Foundation of Texas (CFT) postmarked no later than Friday, February 3, 2012. Detailed application instructions are listed on page 3. Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered. Applications should arrive in one comprehensive packet with all required materials included.
Excellence in AP® Arts and Music Theory Award Scholarship is available for downloading from the Communities Foundation of Texas Website at http://www.cftexas.org/netcommunity/document.doc?id=885